Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A gracious, friendly, or obliging act that is freely granted: do someone a favor.
- noun: Friendly or favorable regard; approval or support: won the favor of the monarch; looked with favor on the plan.
- noun: A state of being held in such regard: a style currently in favor.
- noun: Unfair partiality; favoritism.
- noun: A privilege or concession.
- noun: Sexual privileges, especially as granted by a woman.
- noun: Something given as a token of love, affection, or remembrance.
- noun: A small decorative gift given to each guest at a party.
- noun: Advantage; benefit: sailed under favor of cloudless skies.
- noun: Behalf; interest: an error in our favor.
- noun: Obsolete A communication, especially a letter.
- noun: Archaic Aspect or appearance.
- noun: Archaic Countenance; face.
- noun: Obsolete A facial feature.
- verb-transitive: To perform a kindness or service for; oblige. See Synonyms at
- verb-transitive: To treat or regard with friendship, approval, or support.
- verb-transitive: To be partial to; indulge a liking for: favors bright colors.
- verb-transitive: To be or tend to be in support of.
- verb-transitive: To make easier or more possible; facilitate: Darkness favored their escape.
- verb-transitive: To treat with care; be gentle with: favored my wounded leg.
- verb-transitive: Chiefly Southern U.S. To resemble in appearance: She favors her father.
- verb-intransitive: Chiefly Southern U.S. To resemble another in appearance: She and her father favor.
- idiom: in favor of In support of; approving: We are in favor of her promotion to president.
- idiom: in favor of To the advantage of: The court decided in favor of the plaintiff.
- idiom: in favor of Inscribed or made out to the benefit of: a check in favor of a charity.
- in his favo(u)r jo naudai
- in favo(u)r ofuž
- būti palankiam