Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A point at which rays of light or other radiation converge or from which they appear to diverge, as after refraction or reflection in an optical system: the focus of a lens. Also called focal point.
- noun: See
- noun: The distinctness or clarity of an image rendered by an optical system.
- noun: The state of maximum distinctness or clarity of such an image: in focus; out of focus.
- noun: An apparatus used to adjust the focal length of an optical system in order to make an image distinct or clear: a camera with automatic focus.
- noun: A center of interest or activity. See Synonyms at
- noun: Close or narrow attention; concentration: "He was forever taken aback by [New York's] pervasive atmosphere of purposefulness—the tight focus of its drivers, the brisk intensity of its pedestrians” ( Anne Tyler).
- noun: A condition in which something can be clearly apprehended or perceived: couldn't get the problem into focus.
- noun: Pathology The region of a localized bodily infection or disease.
- noun: Geology The point of origin of an earthquake.
- noun: Mathematics A fixed point whose relationship with a directrix determines a conic section.
- verb-transitive: To cause (light rays, for example) to converge on or toward a central point; concentrate.
- verb-transitive: To render (an object or image) in clear outline or sharp detail by adjustment of one's vision or an optical device; bring into focus.
- verb-transitive: To adjust (a lens, for example) to produce a clear image.
- verb-transitive: To direct toward a particular point or purpose: focused all their attention on finding a solution to the problem.
- verb-intransitive: To converge on or toward a central point of focus; be focused.
- verb-intransitive: To adjust one's vision or an optical device so as to render a clear, distinct image.
- verb-intransitive: To concentrate attention or energy: a campaign that focused on economic issues.
- (pl. focuses arba foci)
- sukaupti (dėmesį ir pan.).