Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- preposition: Used to indicate the object, aim, or purpose of an action or activity: trained for the ministry; put the house up for sale; plans to run for senator.
- preposition: Used to indicate a destination: headed off for town.
- preposition: Used to indicate the object of a desire, intention, or perception: had a nose for news; eager for success.
- preposition: Used to indicate the recipient or beneficiary of an action: prepared lunch for us.
- preposition: On behalf of: spoke for all the members.
- preposition: In favor of: Were they for or against the proposal?
- preposition: In place of: a substitute for eggs.
- preposition: Used to indicate equivalence or equality: paid ten dollars for a ticket; repeated the conversation word for word.
- preposition: Used to indicate correlation or correspondence: took two steps back for every step forward.
- preposition: Used to indicate amount, extent, or duration: a bill for five dollars; walked for miles; stood in line for an hour.
- preposition: Used to indicate a specific time: had an appointment for two o'clock.
- preposition: Used to indicate a number of attempts: shot three for four from the foul line.
- preposition: As being: take for granted; mistook me for the librarian.
- preposition: Used to indicate an actual or implied listing or choosing: For one thing, we can't afford it.
- preposition: As a result of; because of: jumped for joy.
- preposition: Used to indicate appropriateness or suitability: It will be for the judge to decide.
- preposition: Notwithstanding; despite: For all the problems, it was a valuable experience.
- preposition: As regards; concerning: a stickler for neatness.
- preposition: Considering the nature or usual character of: was spry for his advanced age.
- preposition: In honor of: named for her grandmother.
- conjunction: Because; since.
- for a few minutes kelioms minutėms
- for life visam gyvenimui
- nuotolį: per
- for miles and milesdaugelį mylių
- kryptį: į
- the ship is bound for New York laivas plauk
- laiką: per
- vartojamas reiškiant:
- for ever/good amžinai
- visiems laikams