Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Not imprisoned or enslaved; being at liberty.
- adjective: Not controlled by obligation or the will of another: felt free to go.
- adjective: Having political independence: "America . . . is the freest and wealthiest nation in the world” ( Rudolph W. Giuliani).
- adjective: Governed by consent and possessing or granting civil liberties: a free citizenry.
- adjective: Not subject to arbitrary interference by a government: a free press.
- adjective: Not affected or restricted by a given condition or circumstance: a healthy animal, free of disease; free from need.
- adjective: Not subject to a given condition; exempt: income that is free of all taxes.
- adjective: Not subject to external restraint: "Comment is free but facts are sacred” ( Charles Prestwich Scott).
- adjective: Not literal or exact: a free translation.
- adjective: Costing nothing; gratuitous: a free meal.
- adjective: Publicly supported: free education.
- adjective: Not occupied or used: a free locker.
- adjective: Not taken up by scheduled activities: free time between classes.
- adjective: Unobstructed; clear: a free lane.
- adjective: Unguarded in expression or manner; open; frank.
- adjective: Taking undue liberties; forward or overfamiliar.
- adjective: Liberal or lavish: tourists who are free with their money.
- adjective: Given, made, or done of one's own accord; voluntary or spontaneous: a free act of the will; free choices.
- adjective: Chemistry & Physics Unconstrained; unconfined: free expansion.
- adjective: Chemistry & Physics Not fixed in position; capable of relatively unrestricted motion: a free electron.
- adjective: Chemistry & Physics Not chemically bound in a molecule: free oxygen.
- adjective: Chemistry & Physics Involving no collisions or interactions: a free path.
- adjective: Chemistry & Physics Empty: a free space.
- adjective: Chemistry & Physics Unoccupied: a free energy level.
- adjective: Nautical Favorable: a free wind.
- adjective: Not bound, fastened, or attached: the free end of a chain.
- adjective: Linguistics Being a form, especially a morpheme, that can stand as an independent word, such as boat or bring.
- adjective: Linguistics Being a vowel in an open syllable, as the o in go.
- adverb: In a free manner; without restraint.
- adverb: Without charge.
- verb-transitive: To set at liberty; make free: freed the slaves; free the imagination.
- verb-transitive: To relieve of a burden, obligation, or restraint: a people who were at last freed from fear.
- verb-transitive: To remove obstructions or entanglements from; clear: free a path through the jungle.
- idiom: for free Informal Without charge.
- free of charge nemokamas
- free from fear bebaimis
- to get free iš(si)vaduoti
- to make
- to set free išlaisvinti
- free and easy laisvas