Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- : A city of south-central Arizona, southeast of Phoenix. Population: 192,000.
- : Gilbert, Cass 1859-1934. American architect whose design of the 60-story Woolworth Building in New York City (1913) greatly influenced the development of the skyscraper.
- : Gilbert, Sir Humphrey 1539?-1583. English navigator who urged exploration for the Northwest Passage, established in Newfoundland (1583) the first English colony in North America, and was lost at sea during a homeward voyage.
- : Gilbert, Walter Born 1932. American biologist. He shared a 1980 Nobel Prize for developing methods of mapping the structure and function of DNA.
- : Gilbert, William 1544-1603. English court physician noted for his studies of electricity and magnetism.
- : Gilbert, Sir William Schwenck 1836-1911. British playwright and lyricist known for a series of comic operas, including H.M.S. Pinafore (1878) and The Pirates of Penzance (1879), written with composer Sir Arthur Sullivan.
- Bert Gilbertas