Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The hue of that portion of the visible spectrum lying between yellow and blue, evoked in the human observer by radiant energy with wavelengths of approximately 490 to 570 nanometers; any of a group of colors that may vary in lightness and saturation and whose hue is that of the emerald or somewhat less yellow than that of growing grass; one of the additive or light primaries; one of the psychological primary hues.
- noun: Something green in color.
- noun: Green growth or foliage, especially:
- noun: The branches and leaves of plants used for decoration.
- noun: Leafy plants or plant parts eaten as vegetables.
- noun: A grassy lawn or plot, especially:
- noun: A grassy area located usually at the center of a city or town and set aside for common use; a common.
- noun: Sports A putting green.
- noun: A green uniform: "a young . . . sergeant in dress greens” ( Nelson DeMille).
- noun: Slang Money.
- noun: A supporter of a social and political movement that espouses global environmental protection, bioregionalism, social responsibility, and nonviolence.
- adjective: Of the color green.
- adjective: Abounding in or covered with green growth or foliage: the green woods.
- adjective: Made with green or leafy vegetables: a green salad.
- adjective: Characterized by mild or temperate weather: a green climate.
- adjective: Youthful; vigorous: at the green age of 18.
- adjective: Not mature or ripe; young: green tomatoes.
- adjective: Brand-new; fresh.
- adjective: Not yet fully processed, especially:
- adjective: Not aged: green wood.
- adjective: Not cured or tanned: green pelts.
- adjective: Lacking training or experience. See Synonyms at
- adjective: Lacking sophistication or worldly experience; naive.
- adjective: Easily duped or deceived; gullible.
- adjective: Having a sickly or unhealthy pallor indicative of nausea or jealousy, for example.
- adjective: Beneficial to the environment: green recycling policies.
- adjective: Favoring or supporting environmentalism: green legislators who strengthened pollution controls.
- verb-transitive: To make or become green.
- idiom: around Pale or sickly in appearance.
- žalia spalva
- dažyti žalia spalva