Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.
- noun: A cannon with a long barrel and a relatively low angle of fire.
- noun: A portable firearm, such as a rifle or revolver.
- noun: A device resembling a firearm or cannon, as in its ability to project something, such as grease, under pressure or at great speed.
- noun: A discharge of a firearm or cannon as a signal or salute.
- noun: One, such as a hunter, who carries or uses a gun.
- noun: A person skilled in the use of a gun.
- noun: A professional killer: a hired gun.
- noun: The throttle of an engine, as of an automobile.
- verb-transitive: To shoot (a person): a bank robber who was gunned down by the police.
- verb-transitive: To open the throttle of (an engine) so as to accelerate: gunned the engine and sped off.
- verb-transitive: Maine To hunt (game).
- verb-intransitive: To hunt with a gun.
- phrasal-verb: gun for To pursue relentlessly so as to overcome or destroy.
- phrasal-verb: gun for To go after in earnest; set out to obtain: gunning for a promotion.
- idiom: go great guns To proceed or perform with great speed, skill, or success.
- idiom: hold a gun to (someone's) head To put pressure on someone.
- idiom: under the gun Under great pressure or under threat.
- big/great gun šnek. didelė asmenybė