Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- : The capital of Bermuda, on Bermuda Island. Founded in 1790, it is an important tourist resort. Population: 969.
- : A city of southeast Ontario, Canada, at the western end of Lake Ontario southwest of Toronto. It is an industrial center and a thriving port. Population: 505,000.
- : A burgh of south-central Scotland southeast of Glasgow in a coal and iron region. Population: 48,200.
- : A city of southwest Ohio north of Cincinnati. It was settled on the site of Fort Hamilton, built in 1791. Population: 62,100.
- : Hamilton, Alexander 1755?-1804. American politician. The first U.S. secretary of the treasury (1789-1795), he established the national bank and public credit system. Hamilton was mortally wounded in a duel with his political rival Aaron Burr.
- : Hamilton, Alice 1869-1970. American toxicologist and physician known for her research on occupational poisons and her book Industrial Poisons in the United States (1925).
- : Hamilton, Edith 1867-1963. German-born American classicist noted for her engaging studies of ancient life, particularly The Greek Way (1930).
- : Hamilton, Lady Emma Lyon 1765?-1815. British socialite. She became Horatio Nelson's lover in 1798.
- : MountHamilton A peak, 1,285 m (4,213 ft) high, of western California east of San Jose. It is the site of Lick Observatory, built in 1876 to 1888 and directed by the University of California.