Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A usually chronological record of events, as of the life or development of a people or institution, often including an explanation of or commentary on those events: a history of the Vikings.
- noun: A formal written account of related natural phenomena: a history of volcanoes.
- noun: A record of a patient's medical background.
- noun: An established record or pattern of behavior: an inmate with a history of substance abuse.
- noun: The branch of knowledge that records and analyzes past events: "History has a long-range perspective” ( Elizabeth Gurley Flynn).
- noun: The past events relating to a particular thing: The history of their rivalry is full of intrigue.
- noun: The aggregate of past events or human affairs: basic tools used throughout history.
- noun: An interesting past: a house with history.
- noun: Something that belongs to the past: Their troubles are history now.
- noun: Slang One that is no longer worth consideration: Why should we worry about him? He's history!
- noun: A drama based on historical events: the histories of Shakespeare.