Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: High respect, as that shown for special merit; esteem: the honor shown to a Nobel laureate.
- noun: Good name; reputation.
- noun: A source or cause of credit: was an honor to the profession.
- noun: Glory or recognition; distinction.
- noun: A mark, token, or gesture of respect or distinction: the place of honor at the table.
- noun: A military decoration.
- noun: A title conferred for achievement.
- noun: High rank.
- noun: The dignity accorded to position: awed by the honor of his office.
- noun: Great privilege: I have the honor to present the governor.
- noun: Used with His, Her, or Your as a title and form of address for certain officials, such as judges and mayors: Her Honor the Mayor.
- noun: Principled uprightness of character; personal integrity.
- noun: A code of integrity, dignity, and pride, chiefly among men, that was maintained in some societies, as in feudal Europe, by force of arms.
- noun: A woman's chastity or reputation for chastity.
- noun: Social courtesies offered to guests: did the honors at tea.
- noun: Special recognition for unusual academic achievement: graduated from college with honors.
- noun: A program of advanced study for exceptional students: planned to take honors in history.
- noun: Sports The right of being first at the tee in golf.
- noun: Games Any of the four or five highest cards, especially the ace, king, queen, jack, and ten of the trump suit, in card games such as bridge or whist.
- noun: Games The points allotted to these cards. Often used in the plural.
- verb-transitive: To hold in respect; esteem.
- verb-transitive: To show respect for.
- verb-transitive: To bow to (another dancer) in square dancing: Honor your partner.
- verb-transitive: To confer distinction on: He has honored us with his presence.
- verb-transitive: To accept or pay as valid: honor a check; a store that honors all credit cards.
- idiom: honor bound Under an obligation enforced by the personal integrity of the one obliged: I was honor bound to admit that she had done the work.