Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A reproduction of the form of a person or object, especially a sculptured likeness.
- noun: Physics An optically formed duplicate, counterpart, or other representative reproduction of an object, especially an optical reproduction formed by a lens or mirror.
- noun: One that closely or exactly resembles another; a double: He is the image of his uncle.
- noun: The opinion or concept of something that is held by the public.
- noun: The character projected to the public, as by a person or institution, especially as interpreted by the mass media.
- noun: A personification of something specified: That child is the image of good health.
- noun: A mental picture of something not real or present.
- noun: A vivid description or representation.
- noun: A figure of speech, especially a metaphor or simile.
- noun: A concrete representation, as in art, literature, or music, that is expressive or evocative of something else: night as an image of death.
- noun: Mathematics A set of values of a function corresponding to a particular subset of a domain.
- noun: Computer Science An exact replica of the contents of a storage device, such as a hard disk, stored on a second storage device, such as a network server.
- noun: Obsolete An apparition.
- verb-transitive: To make or produce a likeness of: imaged the poet in bronze.
- verb-transitive: To mirror or reflect: a statue imaged in the water.
- verb-transitive: To symbolize or typify: a kneeling woman imaging the nation's grief.
- verb-transitive: To picture mentally; imagine.
- verb-transitive: To describe, especially so vividly as to evoke a mental picture of.
- verb-transitive: Computer Science To print (a file) using a laser printer, imagesetter, direct-to-plate press, or similar device.
- verb-transitive: Computer Science To transmit (an exact replica of the contents of a storage device) to another storage device: imaged the hard drive to the server.
- verb-transitive: To render visually, as by magnetic resonance imaging.
- atvaizdas veidrodyje
- visiškas panašumas
- to speak in images vaizdžiai kalbėti