Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- : A city of northeast Massachusetts on the Merrimack River northwest of Boston. Settled in 1653, it was once a major textile center and now has diversified industries. Population: 103,000.
- : Lowell, Abbott Lawrence 1856-1943. American educator and president (1909-1933) of Harvard University. He wrote Essays on Government (1889) and Conflicts of Principle (1932).
- : Lowell, Amy 1874-1925. American poet. A leader of the imagists, she wrote several volumes of poetry, including Sword Blades and Poppy Seed (1914).
- : Lowell, James Russell 1819-1891. American editor, poet, and diplomat. He edited the Atlantic Monthly (1857-1861) and served as U.S. minister to Spain (1877-1880) and Great Britain (1880-1885).
- : Lowell, Percival 1855-1916. American astronomer. He founded the Lowell Observatory in Arizona (1894), where his studies of Mars led him to believe that the planet was inhabited.
- : Lowell, Robert Traill Spence, Jr. 1917-1977. American poet whose works include Life Studies (1959) and The Dolphin (1973), for which he won a Pulitzer Prize.