Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: One that is exactly like another; a counterpart.
- noun: One that is like another in one or more specified qualities: He is John's match for bravery.
- noun: One that is able to compete equally with another: The boxer had met his match.
- noun: One that closely resembles or harmonizes with another: The napkins were a nice match for the tablecloth.
- noun: A pair, each one of which resembles or harmonizes with the other: The colors were a close match.
- noun: Sports A game or contest in which two or more persons, animals, or teams oppose and compete with each other: a soccer match.
- noun: Sports A tennis contest won by the player or side that wins a specified number of sets, usually two out of three or three out of five.
- noun: A marriage or an arrangement of marriage: a royal match.
- noun: A person viewed as a prospective marriage partner.
- verb-transitive: To be exactly like; correspond exactly.
- verb-transitive: To be like with respect to specified qualities.
- verb-transitive: To resemble or harmonize with: The coat matches the dress.
- verb-transitive: To adapt or suit so that a balanced or harmonious result is achieved; cause to correspond: You should match your deeds to your beliefs.
- verb-transitive: To find or produce a counterpart to: It's difficult to match the color of old paint.
- verb-transitive: To fit together or cause to fit together.
- verb-transitive: To join or give in marriage.
- verb-transitive: To place in opposition or competition; pit: She matched her skill against all comers.
- verb-transitive: To provide with an adversary or competitor.
- verb-transitive: To do as well as or better than in competition; equal.
- verb-transitive: To set in comparison; compare: beauty that could never be matched.
- verb-transitive: To provide funds so as to equal or complement: The government will match all private donations to the museum.
- verb-transitive: To flip or toss (coins) and compare the sides that land face up.
- verb-transitive: To couple (electric circuits) by means of a transformer.
- verb-intransitive: To be a close counterpart; correspond.
- noun: A narrow piece, usually of wood or cardboard, coated on one end with a compound that ignites when scratched against a rough or chemically treated surface.
- noun: An easily ignited cord or wick, formerly used to detonate powder charges or to fire cannons and muzzle-loading firearms.
- to strike a match užbrėžti degtuką
- tikti (į porą pagal spalvą)
- I n
- degtukas (t. p. safety match)
- dagtis n degtukų dėžutė II