Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A gearing mechanism of a motor vehicle engine that reduces the power output required to maintain driving speed in a specific range by lowering the gear ratio.
- noun: Informal A state of heightened activity or concentration: shifted into overdrive toward the end of the semester.
- verb-transitive: To drive (a vehicle) too far or too long.
- verb-transitive: To push (oneself) too far, as in the performance of tasks.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- We will be smarter; we will be a “populace stuck in overdrive, searching out the last bits of competitive advantage.”
- With national support now ramping up for Brown and the Brown Brigade kicking in overdrive results are going to change quickly in favor of brown.
- That motor was in overdrive as Sablikova crossed the finish line in 6 minutes, 50.91 seconds in the final pair.
- The Republicans are in overdrive trying to derail the health care bill even though we clearly need it.
- My creativity, while not on overdrive, is still humming, and I think this would help me, if nothing else, give some structure to some ideas jumping around in my head.