Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
excessive exertion; so much exertion that discomfort or injury results
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Keeping dry and comfortable without overexertion is the key to an all out day in the most frigid conditions.
- The consequences of short-term overexertion with regard to the daily working time were considered negligible, and it was assumed that a doubling of the tractive effort (e.g. for pulling vehicles uphill) could best be compensated for by cutting the speed in half.
- Fran Crippen, the former University of Virginia swimmer, died of "overexertion," United Arab Emirates swimming officials said in Dubai.
- They are, for years, conscious of a central failure of power from slight causes, such as overexertion, trouble, broken rest, or too long abstinence from food.
- FINA's president said Sunday that "overexertion" led to Crippen's death.