Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Excessively
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Inger drove on, feeling all set up and pleased with herself, and, coming into the village, she may have been a tripe overproud in her bearing.
- One lady commenced to praise his works for God's cause: 'Tongue! tongue! lady,' he broke in; 'flesh of itself is overproud, and needs no means to esteem itself.'
- At the prison door, while fetters were being fastened on his legs he smilingly said, "I fear me I shall be overproud of my boots."
- We are proud, sometimes overproud, of the natural resources of our country; sometimes perhaps we over-estimate the great resources of this Province and of the Western Provinces.
- Set them up! not to be overproud of a Douglas in their house, and a beauty like Jeanie.