Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Producing eggs that hatch within the female's body without obtaining nourishment from it. Used of certain fishes and reptiles and many invertebrates.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Sharks are ovoviviparous -- that is, they bring forth living young instead of eggs.
- I don't see that they'd be ovoviviparous ... too much weight for the mother if she had to carry her young for any length of time.
- Coenogonous: oviparous at one season of the year, ovoviviparous at another, as in Aphididae.
- Over 20 oviparous specifically expressed genes were identified through screening the subtracted cDNA library enriched between oviparous and ovoviviparous
- The types of vipers that are ovoviviparous include Bitis, Echis carinatus, and most Vipera.