Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Botany Any of various photosynthetic, eukaryotic, multicellular organisms of the kingdom Plantae characteristically producing embryos, containing chloroplasts, having cellulose cell walls, and lacking the power of locomotion.
- noun: Botany A plant having no permanent woody stem; an herb.
- noun: A building or group of buildings for the manufacture of a product; a factory.
- noun: The equipment, including machinery, tools, instruments, and fixtures and the buildings containing them, necessary for an industrial or manufacturing operation.
- noun: The buildings, equipment, and fixtures of an institution: the entire plant of a university.
- noun: A person or thing put into place in order to mislead or function secretly, especially:
- noun: A person placed in a group of spectators to influence behavior.
- noun: A person stationed in a given location as a spy or observer.
- noun: A misleading piece of evidence placed so as to be discovered.
- noun: A remark or action in a play or narrative that becomes important later.
- noun: Slang A scheming trick; a swindle.
- verb-transitive: To place or set (seeds, for example) in the ground to grow.
- verb-transitive: To place seeds or young plants in (land); sow: plant a field in corn.
- verb-transitive: To place (spawn or young fish) in water or an underwater bed for cultivation: plant oysters.
- verb-transitive: To stock with spawn or fish.
- verb-transitive: To introduce (an animal) into an area.
- verb-transitive: To set firmly in position; fix: planted both feet on the ground.
- verb-transitive: To establish; found: plant a colony.
- verb-transitive: To fix firmly in the mind; implant: "The right of revolution is planted in the heart of man” ( Clarence Darrow).
- verb-transitive: To station (a person) for the purpose of functioning in secret, as by observing, spying, or influencing behavior: Detectives were planted all over the store.
- verb-transitive: To place secretly or deceptively so as to be discovered or made public: planted a gun on the corpse to make the death look like suicide.
- verb-transitive: To conceal; hide: planted the stolen goods in the warehouse.
- verb-transitive: Slang To deliver (a blow or punch).
- to plant a standart iškelti vėliavą
- to plant outpersodinti augalą į žem
- in plant augąs
- to lose plant džiūti
- to plant oneselfįsitaisyti
- užimti vietą