Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A long piece of wood or other material set upright into the ground to serve as a marker or support.
- noun: A similar vertical support or structure, as:
- noun: A support for a beam in the framework of a building.
- noun: A terminal of a battery.
- noun: Sports A goal post.
- noun: The starting point at a racetrack.
- noun: The slender barlike part of a stud earring that passes through the ear and is secured at the back with a small cap or clip.
- noun: An electronic message sent to a newsgroup: ignored several inflammatory posts.
- verb-transitive: To display (an announcement) in a place of public view.
- verb-transitive: To cover (a wall, for example) with posters.
- verb-transitive: To announce by or as if by posters: post banns.
- verb-transitive: Computer Science To send (an electronic message) to a newsgroup: posted a response to a question about car engines.
- verb-transitive: To put up signs on (property) warning against trespassing.
- verb-transitive: To denounce publicly: post a man as a thief.
- verb-transitive: To publish (a name) on a list.
- verb-transitive: Games To gain (points or a point) in a game or contest; score.
- noun: A military base.
- noun: The grounds and buildings of a military base.
- noun: A local organization of military veterans.
- noun: Either of two bugle calls in the British Army, sounded in the evening as a signal to retire to quarters.
- noun: An assigned position or station, as of a guard or sentry.
- noun: Basketball A position usually taken by the center, near either the basket or the foul line, serving as the focus of the team's offense.
- noun: A position of employment, especially an appointed public office.
- noun: A place to which someone is assigned for duty.
- noun: A trading post.
- verb-transitive: To assign to a specific position or station: post a sentry at the gate.
- verb-transitive: To appoint to a naval or military command.
- verb-transitive: To put forward; present: post bail.
- noun: A delivery of mail.
- noun: The mail delivered.
- noun: Chiefly British A governmental system for transporting and delivering the mail.
- noun: Chiefly British A post office.
- noun: Archaic One of a series of relay stations along a fixed route, furnishing fresh riders and horses for the delivery of mail on horseback.
- noun: Obsolete A rider on such a mail route; a courier.
- verb-transitive: To mail (a letter or package).
- verb-transitive: To send by mail in a system of relays on horseback.
- verb-transitive: To inform of the latest news: Keep us posted.
- verb-transitive: To transfer (an item) to a ledger in bookkeeping.
- verb-transitive: To make the necessary entries in (a ledger).
- verb-transitive: Computer Science To enter (a unit of information) on a record or into a section of storage.
- verb-intransitive: To travel in stages or relays.
- verb-intransitive: To travel with speed or in haste.
- verb-intransitive: To bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait.
- adverb: By mail.
- adverb: With great speed; rapidly.
- adverb: By post horse.
- starto ar finišo vieta
- the P. (Office) paštas
- nusiųsti paštu
- įmesti į pašto dėžutę
- paštas (amer. mail)
- iškabinti skelbimą
- skelbti II