Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
- noun: A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
- noun: A genealogical line; a lineage.
- noun: Humans considered as a group.
- noun: Biology An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
- noun: Biology A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
- noun: A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.
- noun: Sports A competition of speed, as in running or riding.
- noun: Sports A series of such competitions held at a specified time on a regular course: a fan of the dog races.
- noun: An extended competition in which participants struggle like runners to be the winner: the presidential race.
- noun: Steady or rapid onward movement: the race of time.
- noun: A strong or swift current of water.
- noun: The channel of such a current.
- noun: An artificial channel built to transport water and use its energy. Also called raceway.
- noun: A groovelike part of a machine in which a moving part slides or rolls.
- noun: See
- verb-intransitive: Sports To compete in a contest of speed.
- verb-intransitive: To move rapidly or at top speed: We raced home. My heart was racing with fear.
- verb-intransitive: To run too rapidly due to decreased resistance or unnecessary provision of fuel: adjusted the idle to keep the engine from racing.
- verb-transitive: Sports To compete against in a race.
- verb-transitive: Sports To cause to compete in a race: She races horses for a living.
- verb-transitive: To transport rapidly or at top speed; rush: raced the injured motorist to the hospital.
- verb-transitive: To cause (an engine with the gears disengaged, for example) to run swiftly or too swiftly.
- the races arklių lenktynės
- armaments/arms race ginklavimosi varžybos
- to race the bill through prastumti įstatymą skubos tvarka II n
- greitas judėjimas