Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An act of referring: filed away the article for future reference.
- noun: Significance in a specified context: Her speeches have special reference to environmental policy.
- noun: Meaning or denotation.
- noun: The state of being related or referred: with reference to; in reference to.
- noun: A mention of an occurrence or situation: made frequent references to her promotion.
- noun: A note in a publication referring the reader to another passage or source.
- noun: The passage or source so referred to.
- noun: A work frequently used as a source.
- noun: A mark or footnote used to direct a reader elsewhere for additional information.
- noun: Law Submission of a case to a referee.
- noun: Law Legal actions conducted before or by a referee.
- noun: A person who is in a position to recommend another or to vouch for his or her fitness, as for a job.
- noun: A statement about a person's qualifications, character, and dependability.
- verb-transitive: To supply references to: "Our memories are addressed and referenced . . . by significant fragments of their own content” ( Frederick Turner).
- verb-transitive: To mention in a reference; refer to: He referenced her book in his speech. See Usage Note at