Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- : Ross, Betsy Griscom 1752-1836. American seamstress who, according to tradition, made the first American flag (June 1776) at the request of George Washington.
- : Ross, Harold Wallace 1892-1951. American publisher who founded and edited (1925-1951) the New Yorker magazine.
- : Ross, Sir James Clark 1800-1862. British polar explorer who located the north magnetic pole (1831). On an Antarctic expedition (1839-1843) he discovered Victoria Land and the Ross Sea.
- : Ross, John Originally Coowescoowe or Kooweskoowe. 1790-1866. Cherokee leader who reluctantly directed the forced removal of the Cherokee from Georgia to the Oklahoma Territory (1838-1839) along a route called the Trail of Tears.
- : Ross, Sir John 1777-1856. British naval officer and Arctic explorer whose expeditions (1818 and 1829-1833) in search of the Northwest Passage yielded several geographic discoveries.
- : Ross, Nellie Tayloe 1876-1977. American politician who was elected (1924) to complete her deceased husband's term as governor of Wyoming (1925-1927), thereby becoming the first woman governor in the United States.
- : Ross, Sir Ronald 1857-1932. British physician. He won a 1902 Nobel Prize for discovering that mosquitoes transmit malaria.