Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Employment in duties or work for another, as for a government: has been in the company's service for 15 years.
- noun: A government branch or department and its employees: the diplomatic service.
- noun: The armed forces of a nation: joined the service right after college.
- noun: A branch of the armed forces of a nation.
- noun: The performance of work or duties for a superior or as a servant: found the butler's service to be excellent.
- noun: Work done for others as an occupation or business: has done service for us as a consultant.
- noun: An act or a variety of work done for others, especially for pay: offers a superior service to that of his competitors; provides full catering services.
- noun: A department or branch of a hospital staff that provides specified patient care: the anesthesiology service.
- noun: Installation, maintenance, or repairs provided or guaranteed by a dealer or manufacturer: a dealer with full parts and service.
- noun: A facility providing the public with the use of something, such as water or transportation.
- noun: Assistance; help: was of great service to him during his illness.
- noun: An act of assistance or benefit; a favor: My friend did me a service in fixing the door.
- noun: Active devotion to God, as through good works or prayer.
- noun: A religious rite.
- noun: The serving of food or the manner in which it is served.
- noun: A set of dishes or utensils: a silver tea service.
- noun: Sports The act, manner, or right of serving in many court games; a serve.
- noun: Copulation with a female animal. Used of male animals, especially studs.
- noun: Law The serving of a writ or summons.
- noun: The material, such as cord, used in binding or wrapping rope.
- noun: An answering service.
- verb-transitive: To make fit for use; adjust, repair, or maintain: service a car.
- verb-transitive: To provide services to.
- verb-transitive: To make interest payments on (a debt).
- verb-transitive: To copulate with (a female animal). Used of a male animal, especially studs.
- verb-transitive: Slang To have sex with.
- adjective: Of or relating to the armed forces of a country.
- adjective: Intended for use in supplying or serving: a service elevator; the service entrance.
- adjective: Offering repairs or maintenance: a service guarantee; a road service area.
- adjective: Offering services to the public in response to need or demand: a service industry.
- idiom: at (someone's) service Ready to help or be of use.
- idiom: be of service To be ready to help or be useful.
- colour service kar. tikroji karinė tarnyba (Anglijoje)
- national servicevisuotinė darbo ar karinė prievolė
- secret service kontržvalgyba
- senior servicejūrinė tarnyba
- to see service a) būti patyr
- civil service valstybinė
- pilietinė tarnyba