Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Not accompanied by another or others; solitary.
- adjective: Consisting of one part, aspect, or section: a single thickness; a single serving.
- adjective: Having the same application for all; uniform: a single moral code for all.
- adjective: Consisting of one in number: She had but a single thought, which was to escape.
- adjective: Not divided; unbroken: a single slab of ice.
- adjective: Separate from others; individual and distinct: Every single child will receive a gift.
- adjective: Having individual opponents; involving two individuals only: single combat.
- adjective: Honest; undisguised: a single adoration.
- adjective: Wholly attentive: You must judge the contest with a single eye.
- adjective: Designed to accommodate one person: a single bed.
- adjective: Unmarried.
- adjective: Lacking a partner: a single parent.
- adjective: Relating to the unmarried state: enjoys the single life.
- adjective: Of or relating to celibacy.
- adjective: Botany Having only one rank or row of petals: a single flower.
- noun: One that is separate and individual.
- noun: An accommodation for one person, as in a hotel.
- noun: An unmarried person.
- noun: Unmarried persons considered as a group: a bar for singles.
- noun: A one-dollar bill.
- noun: A phonograph record, especially a forty-five, having one song on each side.
- noun: A song on one of these sides.
- noun: A song, often from a full-length album or compact disk, that is released for airplay.
- noun: Baseball A hit by which a batter reaches first base safely; a one-base hit.
- noun: Sports A hit for one run in cricket.
- noun: Sports A golf match between two players.
- noun: Sports A tennis or badminton match between two players. Often used in the plural.
- noun: Sports A competition in which individuals compete against each other, as in rowing or figure skating.
- verb-transitive: To choose or distinguish from others. Often used with out: We singled her out from the list of applicants.
- verb-transitive: Baseball To cause (a base runner) to score or advance by making a one-base hit: singled him to second.
- verb-transitive: Baseball To cause the scoring of (a run) by a one-base hit.
- verb-intransitive: Baseball To make a single.
- (apie bilietą) į vieną pusę