Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Any of numerous aquatic, chiefly marine invertebrate animals of the phylum Porifera, characteristically having a porous skeleton composed of fibrous material or siliceous or calcareous spicules and often forming irregularly shaped colonies attached to an underwater surface.
- noun: The light, fibrous, flexible, absorbent skeleton of certain of these organisms, used for bathing, cleaning, and other purposes.
- noun: Porous plastics, rubber, cellulose, or other material, similar in absorbency to this skeleton and used for the same purposes.
- noun: Metal in a porous, brittle form, as after the removal of other metals in processing, used as a raw material in manufacturing.
- noun: A gauze pad used to absorb blood and other fluids, as in surgery or the dressing of a wound.
- noun: A small absorbent contraceptive pad that contains a spermicide and is placed against the cervix of the uterus before sexual intercourse.
- noun: Dough that has been or is being leavened.
- noun: A light cake, such as sponge cake.
- noun: A sponge bath.
- noun: One who habitually depends on others for one's own maintenance.
- noun: Informal A glutton.
- noun: Slang A drunkard.
- verb-transitive: To moisten, wipe, or clean with or as if with a sponge: sponge off the table.
- verb-transitive: To wipe out; erase.
- verb-transitive: To absorb with or as if with a sponge: sponge up the mess.
- verb-transitive: Informal To obtain free: sponge a meal.
- verb-intransitive: To fish for sponges.
- verb-intransitive: Informal To live by relying on the generosity of others: sponged off her parents.
- to chuck up/throw up the spong prisipažinti nugalėtu
- to pass the spong overperk. užmiršti
- to have a spong downap(si)trinti kempine
- to spong away/off iš
- valyti kempine