Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A place of relatively small and definite limits.
- noun: A mark on a surface differing sharply in color from its surroundings.
- noun: A blemish, mark, or pimple on the skin.
- noun: A stain or blot.
- noun: Games A mark or pip on a playing card; a spade, club, diamond, or heart.
- noun: Games A playing card with a specified number of such marks on it indicating its value.
- noun: Informal A piece of paper money worth a specified number of dollars.
- noun: A location; a locale.
- noun: A point of interest: There are a lot of spots to visit in the old city.
- noun: A position or an item in an ordered arrangement.
- noun: Informal A situation, especially a troublesome one.
- noun: A flaw in one's reputation or character.
- noun: A short presentation or commercial on television or radio between major programs: a news spot.
- noun: Informal A spotlight.
- noun: A small croaker (Leiostomus xanthurus) of North American Atlantic waters, having a dark mark above each pectoral fin and valued as a food and sport fish.
- noun: Chiefly British A small amount; a bit.
- verb-transitive: To cause a spot or spots to appear on, especially:
- verb-transitive: To soil with spots.
- verb-transitive: To decorate with spots; dot.
- verb-transitive: To harm; besmirch.
- verb-transitive: To place in a particular location; situate precisely.
- verb-transitive: To detect or discern, especially visually; spy.
- verb-transitive: To remove spots from, as in a laundry.
- verb-transitive: Sports To yield a favorable scoring margin to: spotted their opponents 11 points.
- verb-transitive: Sports To act as a spotter for (a gymnast, for example).
- verb-transitive: Informal To lend: Can you spot me $25 until payday?
- verb-intransitive: To become marked with spots.
- verb-intransitive: To cause a discoloration or make a stain.
- verb-intransitive: To locate targets from the air during combat or training missions.
- adjective: Made, paid, or delivered immediately: a spot sale.
- adjective: Of, relating to, or being a market in which payment or delivery is immediate: the spot market in oil.
- adjective: Involving random or selective instances or actions: a spot investigation.
- adjective: Presented between major radio or television programs: a spot announcement.
- idiom: in spots Now and then; here and there; occasionally.
- idiom: on the spot Without delay; at once.
- idiom: on the spot At the scene of action.
- idiom: on the spot Under pressure or attention; in a pressed position.
- to be on the spot a) būti (įvykio) liudininku
- pasidaryti dėmėtu
- būti vietoje
- on the spot vietoje
- iš karto
- daryti dėmes