Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An account or recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious, as:
- noun: An account or report regarding the facts of an event or group of events: The witness changed her story under questioning.
- noun: An anecdote: came back from the trip with some good stories.
- noun: A lie: told us a story about the dog eating the cookies.
- noun: A usually fictional prose or verse narrative intended to interest or amuse the hearer or reader; a tale.
- noun: A short story.
- noun: The plot of a narrative or dramatic work.
- noun: A news article or broadcast.
- noun: Something viewed as or providing material for a literary or journalistic treatment: "He was colorful, he was charismatic, he was controversial, he was a good story” ( Terry Ann Knopf).
- noun: The background information regarding something: What's the story on these unpaid bills?
- noun: Romantic legend or tradition: a hero known to us in story.
- verb-transitive: To decorate with scenes representing historical or legendary events.
- verb-transitive: Archaic To tell as a story.
- noun: A complete horizontal division of a building, constituting the area between two adjacent levels.
- noun: The set of rooms on the same level of a building.
- a good/funny story anekdotas
- short story trumpas apsakymas
- cock-and-bull story nebūti dalykai
- a gross/naughty story nepadorus anekdotas
- I n storey. IIn