Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Importance, significance, or emphasis placed on something. See Synonyms at
- noun: Linguistics The relative force with which a sound or syllable is spoken.
- noun: Linguistics The emphasis placed on the sound or syllable spoken most forcefully in a word or phrase.
- noun: The relative force of sound or emphasis given a syllable or word in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- noun: A syllable having strong relative emphasis in a metrical pattern.
- noun: Accent or a mark representing such emphasis or force.
- noun: Physics An applied force or system of forces that tends to strain or deform a body.
- noun: Physics The internal resistance of a body to such an applied force or system of forces.
- noun: A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.
- noun: A stimulus or circumstance causing such a condition.
- noun: A state of extreme difficulty, pressure, or strain: "He presided over the economy during the period of its greatest stress and danger” ( Robert J. Samuelson).
- verb-transitive: To place emphasis on: stressed basic fire safety.
- verb-transitive: To give prominence to (a syllable or word) in pronouncing or in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- verb-transitive: To subject to physical or mental pressure, tension, or strain.
- verb-transitive: To subject to mechanical pressure or force.
- verb-transitive: To construct so as to withstand a specified stress.
- phrasal-verb: stress out Informal To subject to or undergo extreme stress, as from working too much.
- to lay stress on pabrėžti