Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The material out of which something is made or formed; substance.
- noun: The essential substance or elements; essence: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on” ( Shakespeare).
- noun: Informal Unspecified material: Put that stuff over there.
- noun: Informal Household or personal articles considered as a group.
- noun: Informal Worthless objects.
- noun: Slang Specific talk or actions: Don't give me that stuff about being tired.
- noun: Sports The control a player has over a ball, especially to give it spin, english, curve, or speed.
- noun: Sports The spin, english, curve, or speed imparted to a ball: "where we could watch the stuff, mainly curves, that the pitchers were putting on the ball” ( James Henry Gray).
- noun: Basketball A dunk shot.
- noun: Special capability: The team really showed its stuff and won the championship.
- noun: Chiefly British Woven material, especially woolens.
- noun: Slang Money; cash.
- noun: Slang A drug, especially one that is illegal or habit-forming.
- verb-transitive: To pack (a container) tightly; cram: stuff a Christmas stocking.
- verb-transitive: To block (a passage); plug: stuff a crack with caulking.
- verb-transitive: Basketball To block (a shot or an opponent who is shooting), especially before the ball leaves the shooter's hands.
- verb-transitive: To place forcefully into a container or space; thrust: stuffed laundry into the bag.
- verb-transitive: Sports To shoot (a ball or puck) forcefully into the goal from close range.
- verb-transitive: Basketball To dunk (the ball).
- verb-transitive: To fill with an appropriate stuffing: stuff a pillow.
- verb-transitive: To fill (an animal skin) to restore its natural form for mounting or display.
- verb-transitive: To cram with food.
- verb-transitive: To fill (the mind): His head is stuffed with silly notions.
- verb-transitive: To put fraudulent votes into (a ballot box).
- verb-transitive: To apply a preservative and softening agent to (leather).
- verb-intransitive: To overeat; gorge.
- idiom: stuff it Vulgar Slang Used as an intensive to express extreme anger, frustration, or disgust.
- idiom: stuff (one's) face Slang To eat greedily.
- doctor's stuff vaistas
- užkimšti (ausis, skylę)