Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To bear the weight of, especially from below.
- verb-transitive: To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.
- verb-transitive: To be capable of bearing; withstand: "His flaw'd heart . . . too weak the conflict to support” ( Shakespeare).
- verb-transitive: To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen: The letter supported him in his grief.
- verb-transitive: To provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.
- verb-transitive: To furnish corroborating evidence for: New facts supported her story.
- verb-transitive: To aid the cause, policy, or interests of: supported her in her election campaign.
- verb-transitive: To argue in favor of; advocate: supported lower taxes.
- verb-transitive: To endure; tolerate: "At supper there was such a conflux of company that I could scarcely support the tumult” ( Samuel Johnson).
- verb-transitive: To act in a secondary or subordinate role to (a leading performer).
- noun: The act of supporting.
- noun: The state of being supported.
- noun: One that supports.
- noun: Maintenance, as of a family, with the necessities of life.
- šeimos maitintojas
- išlaikyti (šeimą)
- to speak in support of palaikyti