Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-intransitive: To make a solemn declaration, invoking a deity or a sacred person or thing, in confirmation of and witness to the honesty or truth of such a declaration.
- verb-intransitive: To make a solemn promise; vow.
- verb-intransitive: To use profane oaths; curse.
- verb-intransitive: Law To give evidence or testimony under oath.
- verb-transitive: To declare or affirm solemnly by invoking a deity or a sacred person or thing.
- verb-transitive: To promise or pledge with a solemn oath; vow: He swore his oath of allegiance to the queen. See Synonyms at
- verb-transitive: To utter or bind oneself to (an oath).
- verb-transitive: Law To administer a legal oath to: All the witnesses have been sworn.
- verb-transitive: To say or affirm earnestly and with great conviction.
- noun: A swearword.
- phrasal-verb: swear at To use abusive, violent, or blasphemous language against; curse.
- phrasal-verb: swear by To have great reliance on or confidence in: He swears by his personal physician.
- phrasal-verb: swear by To have reliable knowledge of; be sure of: I think she left early, but I couldn't swear by it.
- phrasal-verb: swear by To take an oath by: He swore by all the angels and saints of heaven.
- phrasal-verb: swear in To administer a legal or official oath to: swear in a mayor.
- phrasal-verb: swear off Informal To pledge to renounce or give up: She has sworn off cigarettes.
- phrasal-verb: swear out Law To obtain (a warrant for arrest) by making a charge under oath.
- to swear an oath prisiekti
- to swear by
- it is enough to make one swear pakanka
- kad būtų galima išvesti iš kantrybės
- to swear at barti (ką nors)