Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A slender flexible rod, stick, or twig, especially one used for whipping.
- noun: The bushy tip of the tail of certain animals: a cow's switch.
- noun: A thick strand of real or synthetic hair used as part of a coiffure.
- noun: A flailing or lashing, as with a slender rod.
- noun: A device used to break or open an electric circuit or to divert current from one conductor to another.
- noun: A device consisting of two sections of railroad track and accompanying apparatus used to transfer rolling stock from one track to another.
- noun: The act or process of operating a switching device.
- noun: The result achieved by such an act.
- noun: An exchange or a swap, especially one done secretly.
- noun: A transference or shift, as of opinion or attention.
- verb-transitive: Chiefly Southern U.S. To whip with or as if with a switch, especially in punishing a child.
- verb-transitive: To jerk or swish abruptly or sharply: a cat switching its tail.
- verb-transitive: To shift, transfer, or divert: switched the conversation to a lighter subject.
- verb-transitive: To exchange: asked her brother to switch seats with her.
- verb-transitive: To connect, disconnect, or divert (an electric current) by operating a switch.
- verb-transitive: To cause (an electric current or appliance) to begin or cease operation: switched the lights on and off.
- verb-transitive: Informal To produce as if by operating a control. Often used with on: switched on the charm.
- verb-transitive: To move (rolling stock) from one track to another; shunt.
- verb-intransitive: To make or undergo a shift or an exchange: The office has switched to shorter summer hours.
- verb-intransitive: To swish sharply from side to side.
- phrasal-verb: switch off Informal To stop paying attention; lose interest.
- netikra (plaukų) kasa
- el. jungiklis
- pervesti traukinį į kitus bėgius
- staiga nukreipti (mintis, kalbą) kita kr
- plakti (virbu, vytele)
- el. įjungti
- perjungti srovę