Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To put into service or apply for a purpose; employ.
- verb-transitive: To avail oneself of; practice: use caution.
- verb-transitive: To conduct oneself toward; treat or handle: "the peace offering of a man who once used you unkindly” ( Laurence Sterne).
- verb-transitive: To seek or achieve an end by means of; exploit: used their highly placed friends to gain access to the president; felt he was being used by seekers of favor.
- verb-transitive: To take or consume; partake of: She rarely used alcohol.
- verb-intransitive: Used in the past tense followed by to in order to indicate a former state, habitual practice, or custom: Mail service used to be faster.
- noun: The act of using; the application or employment of something for a purpose: with the use of a calculator; skilled in the use of the bow and arrow.
- noun: The condition or fact of being used: a chair in regular use.
- noun: The manner of using; usage: learned the proper use of power tools.
- noun: The permission, privilege, or benefit of using something: gave us the use of their summerhouse.
- noun: The power or ability to use something: lost the use of one arm.
- noun: The need or occasion to use or employ: have no use for these old clothes.
- noun: The quality of being suitable or adaptable to an end; usefulness: tried to be of use in the kitchen.
- noun: A purpose for which something is used: a tool with several uses; a pretty bowl, but of what use is it?
- noun: Gain or advantage; good: There's no use in discussing it. What's the use?
- noun: Accustomed or usual procedure or practice.
- noun: Law Enjoyment of property, as by occupying or exercising it.
- noun: Law The benefit or profit of lands and tenements of which the legal title and possession are vested in another.
- noun: Law The arrangement establishing the equitable right to such benefits and profits.
- noun: A liturgical form practiced in a particular church, ecclesiastical district, or community.
- noun: Obsolete Usual occurrence or experience.
- phrasal-verb: use up To consume completely: used up all our money.
- to be of (no) use būti (ne)naudingam
- is there any use? ar apsimoka?
- I have no use for it man tai visai nereikalinga
- out of use ne(be)naudojamas
- to be/fall out of use išeit
- in use vartojamas