Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- pronoun: Which thing or which particular one of many: What are you having for dinner? What did she say?
- pronoun: Which kind, character, or designation: What are these objects?
- pronoun: One of how much value or significance: What are possessions to a dying man?
- pronoun: That which; the thing that: Listen to what I tell you.
- pronoun: Whatever thing that: come what may.
- pronoun: Informal Something: I'll tell you what.
- pronoun: Nonstandard Which, who, or that: It's the poor what gets the blame.
- adjective: Which one or ones of several or many: What college are you attending? You should know what musical that song is from.
- adjective: Whatever: They soon repaired what damage had been done.
- adjective: How great; how astonishing: What a fool!
- adverb: How much; in what respect; how: What does it matter?
- conjunction: That: I don't know but what I'll go.
- interjection: Used to express surprise, incredulity, or other strong and sudden excitement.
- interjection: Chiefly British Used as a tag question, often to solicit agreement.
- idiom: what for Informal A scolding or strong reprimand: The teacher gave the tardy student what for.
- idiom: what have you What remains and need not be mentioned: a room full of chairs, lamps, radios, and what have you.
- idiom: what if What would occur if; suppose that.
- idiom: what if What does it matter if.
- idiom: what it takes The necessary expertise or qualities needed for success: She has what it takes to be a doctor.
- idiom: what's what Informal The fundamentals and details of a situation or process; the true state or condition.
- idiom: what with Taking into consideration; because of: "I've often wondered why some good crime writer . . . hasn't taken up with New Orleans, what with its special raffishness, its peculiar flavor of bonhomie and a slightly suspect charm” ( Walker Percy).
- pron kas?
- what is it? kas tai?
- what’s all this? kas čia yra/dedasi?
- what are you doing? ką tu darai?
- what is he? kas jis? (iš profesijos)
- what’s his name? kuo jis vardu?
- what use is it? kokia iš to nauda?
- what do you think? ka