Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The earth.
- noun: The universe.
- noun: The earth with its inhabitants.
- noun: The inhabitants of the earth; the human race.
- noun: Humankind considered as social beings; human society: turned her back on the world.
- noun: People as a whole; the public: The event amazed the world.
- noun: A specified part of the earth: the Western World.
- noun: A part of the earth and its inhabitants as known at a given period in history: the ancient world.
- noun: A realm or domain: the animal world; the world of imagination.
- noun: A sphere of human activity or interest: the world of sports.
- noun: A class or group of people with common characteristics or pursuits: the scientific world.
- noun: A particular way of life: the world of the homeless.
- noun: All that relates to or affects the life of a person: He saw his world collapse about him.
- noun: Secular life and its concerns: a man of the world.
- noun: Human existence; life: brought a child into the world.
- noun: A state of existence: the next world.
- noun: A large amount; much. Often used in the plural: did her a world of good; candidates that are worlds apart on foreign policy.
- noun: A celestial body such as a planet: the possibility of life on other worlds.
- adjective: Of or relating to the world: a world champion.
- adjective: Involving or extending throughout the entire world: a world crisis.
- idiom: for all the world In all respects; precisely: She looked for all the world like a movie star.
- idiom: in the world Used as an intensive: How in the world did they manage? I never in the world would have guessed.
- idiom: out of this world Informal Extraordinary; superb: The dinner was out of this world.
- idiom: the world over Throughout the world: known the world over.
- idiom: world without end Forever.
- (įv. reikšm.) pasaulis
- a journey round the world kelionė aplink pasaulį
- strange creatures from another world keistos būtybės iš kito pasaulio
- from all parts of the world iš viso pasaulio
- the biggest in the world didžiausias pasaulyje