Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Any of various invertebrates, as those of the phyla Annelida, Nematoda, Nemertea, or Platyhelminthes, having a long, flexible, rounded or flattened body, often without obvious appendages.
- noun: Any of various crawling insect larvae, such as a grub or a caterpillar, having a soft elongated body.
- noun: Any of various unrelated animals, such as the shipworm or the slowworm, resembling a worm in habit or appearance.
- noun: Something, such as the thread of a screw or the spiral condenser in a still, that resembles a worm in form or appearance.
- noun: The spirally threaded shaft of a worm gear.
- noun: An insidiously tormenting or devouring force: "felt the black worm of treachery growing in his heart” ( Mario Puzo).
- noun: A person regarded as pitiable or contemptible.
- noun: Pathology Infestation of the intestines or other parts of the body with worms or wormlike parasites; helminthiasis.
- noun: Computer Science A malicious program that replicates itself until it fills all of the storage space on a drive or network.
- verb-transitive: To make (one's way) with or as if with the sinuous crawling motion of a worm.
- verb-transitive: To work (one's way or oneself) subtly or gradually; insinuate: She wormed her way into his confidence.
- verb-transitive: To elicit by artful or devious means. Usually used with out of: wormed a confession out of the suspect.
- verb-transitive: To cure of intestinal worms.
- verb-transitive: Nautical To wrap yarn or twine spirally around (rope).
- verb-intransitive: To move in a manner suggestive of a worm.
- verb-intransitive: To make one's way by artful or devious means: He can't worm out of this situation.
- the child has worms vaikas turi kirmėlių 2 = earthworm 3 prk. kirminas (apie jausmą)
- the worm of envy pavydo kirminas
- the worm of conscience sąžinės graužimas 4 menkysta
- a poor worm like him toks apgailėtinas padaras