Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
/,ædou'lesns/ (adolescency) /,ædou'lesnsi/
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The period of physical and psychological development from the onset of puberty to maturity.
- noun: A transitional period of development between youth and maturity: the adolescence of a nation.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- I have a theory that what we call adolescence, in terms of behavioural peculiarities and possibly cognitive difficulties are a product of a very soft, modern, Western society, rather than a definite stage of human development.
- A young girl (Kendell Moorehead) moves from Chicago to the outskirts of Atlanta, provoking all the neccessary angst and anxiety of being uprooted during adolescence from the place she's grown up.
- Apparently, adolescence is awkward for humans and birds alike.
- Yes, adolescence is a volatile time, and yes, adolescents (of ALL genders, thank you) develop obsessive and incredibly intense romantic attachments to all kinds of people who do not have their best interests at heart, and no, we don't have a problem with books willing to tackle those kinds of relationships head-on.
- Toilet training gets mucked with in adolescence leading to public toilet fixation and George Michael style Father Figure psychological transference problems.
- n paauglystė