Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A febrile condition in which there are alternating periods of chills, fever, and sweating. Used chiefly in reference to the fevers associated with malaria.
- noun: A chill or fit of shivering.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- An encouraging sign was that his health was none too good; he complained of what he called ague, and I had hopes that he'd be in no shape to start a war that summer.
- According to the Septuagint, "ague" is "the jaundice," which disorders the eyes and produces great depression of spirits.
- The brother who has been suffering from ague is probably her elder brother John.
- What are commonly termed ague cakes, are diseases of the spleen, and sometimes terminates in Inflammation of the Spleen.
- She deplores British developers who would have used technical expertise to drain British wetlands for their own material gain, and thus exterminate certain species; she examines that interesting psychological place where scientific method and religious belief collide (when, for instance, the hated Jesuits discover the quinine that could cure the dreaded "ague" -- later determined to be malaria -- but Protestant prejudice prevented its use).
n drugys (maliarija)
karštligė, krėtimas (sergant)