Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A usually soft and close-fitting head covering, either having no brim or with a visor.
- noun: A special head covering worn to indicate rank, occupation, or membership in a particular group: a cardinal's cap; a sailor's cap.
- noun: An academic mortarboard. Used especially in the phrase cap and gown.
- noun: A protective cover or seal, especially one that closes off an end or a tip: a bottle cap; a 35-millimeter lens cap.
- noun: A crown for covering or sealing a tooth.
- noun: A tread for a worn pneumatic tire.
- noun: A fitted covering used to seal a well or large pipe.
- noun: Chiefly Southern U.S. See
- noun: A summit or top, as of a mountain.
- noun: An upper limit; a ceiling: placed a cap on mortgage rates.
- noun: Architecture The capital of a column.
- noun: Botany The top part, or pileus, of a mushroom.
- noun: Botany A calyptra.
- noun: A percussion cap.
- noun: A small explosive charge enclosed in paper for use in a toy gun.
- noun: Any of several sizes of writing paper, such as foolscap.
- noun: Sports An appearance by a player in an international soccer game, traditionally rewarded with a hat.
- verb-transitive: To cover, protect, or seal with a cap.
- verb-transitive: To award a special cap to as a sign of rank or achievement: capped the new women nurses at graduation.
- verb-transitive: To lie over or on top of; cover: hills capped with snow.
- verb-transitive: To apply the finishing touch to; complete: cap a meal with dessert.
- verb-transitive: To follow with something better; surpass or outdo: capped his last trick with a disappearing act that brought the audience to its feet.
- verb-transitive: To set an upper limit on: decided to cap cost-of-living increases.
- idiom: cap in hand Humbly or submissively.
- idiom: set (one's) cap for To attempt to attract and win as a mate.
- noun: A capital letter.
- verb-transitive: To capitalize.
- noun: Informal Capital: venture cap.
- noun: Informal Capitalization: market cap.
- (grybo) galvutė