Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An instance of something; an occurrence; an example: a case of mistaken identity. See Synonyms at
- noun: An occurrence of a disease or disorder: a mild case of flu.
- noun: A set of circumstances or a state of affairs; a situation: It may rain, in which case the hike will be canceled.
- noun: Actual fact; reality: We suspected the walls were hollow, and this proved to be the case.
- noun: A question or problem; a matter: It is simply a case of honor.
- noun: A situation that requires investigation, especially by a formal or official body.
- noun: Law An action or a suit or just grounds for an action.
- noun: Law The facts or evidence offered in support of a claim.
- noun: A set of reasons or supporting facts; an argument: presented a good case for changing the law.
- noun: A person being assisted, treated, or studied, as by a physician, lawyer, or social worker.
- noun: Informal A peculiar or eccentric person; a character.
- noun: Linguistics In traditional grammar, a distinct form of a noun, pronoun, or modifier that is used to express one or more particular syntactic relationships to other words in a sentence.
- noun: Linguistics In some varieties of generative grammar, the thematic or semantic role of a noun phrase as represented abstractly but not necessarily indicated overtly in surface structure. In such frameworks, nouns in English have Case even in the absence of inflectional case endings.
- idiom: in any case Regardless of what has occurred or will occur.
- idiom: in case If it happens that; if.
- idiom: in case As a precaution: took along an umbrella, just in case.
- idiom: in case of If there should happen to be: a number to call in case of emergency.
- idiom: off (someone's) case No longer nagging or urging someone to do something.
- idiom: on (someone's) case Persistently nagging or urging someone to do something.
- noun: A container; a receptacle: a jewelry case; meat-filled cases of dough.
- noun: A container with its contents.
- noun: A decorative or protective covering or cover.
- noun: A set or pair: a case of pistols.
- noun: The frame or framework of a window, door, or stairway.
- noun: The surface or outer layer of a metal alloy.
- noun: Printing A shallow compartmented tray for storing type or type matrices.
- verb-transitive: To put into or cover with a case; encase.
- verb-transitive: Slang To examine carefully, as in planning a crime: cased the bank before robbing it.
- in any case kiekvienu atveju
- in case jei
- it is not the case tai ne taip
- (teismo) byla
- ligos istorija