Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A medieval tenant giving military service as a mounted man-at-arms to a feudal landholder.
- noun: A medieval gentleman-soldier, usually high-born, raised by a sovereign to privileged military status after training as a page and squire.
- noun: A man holding a nonhereditary title conferred by a sovereign in recognition of personal merit or service to the country.
- noun: A man belonging to an order or brotherhood.
- noun: A defender, champion, or zealous upholder of a cause or principle.
- noun: The devoted champion of a lady.
- noun: Games A chess piece, usually in the shape of a horse's head, that can be moved two squares along a rank and one along a file or two squares along a file and one along a rank. The knight is the only piece that can jump other pieces to land on an open square.
- verb-transitive: To raise (a person) to knighthood.
- titulas (žemesnis už baroneto titulą)
- šachm. žirgas