Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An adult male human.
- noun: A human regardless of sex or age; a person.
- noun: A human or an adult male human belonging to a specific occupation, group, nationality, or other category. Often used in combination: a milkman; a congressman; a freeman.
- noun: The human race; mankind: man's quest for peace.
- noun: Zoology A member of the genus Homo, family Hominidae, order Primates, class Mammalia, characterized by erect posture and an opposable thumb, especially a member of the only extant species, Homo sapiens, distinguished by a highly developed brain, the capacity for abstract reasoning, and the ability to communicate by means of organized speech and record information in a variety of symbolic systems.
- noun: A male human endowed with qualities, such as strength, considered characteristic of manhood.
- noun: Informal A husband.
- noun: Informal A male lover or sweetheart.
- noun: Workers.
- noun: Enlisted personnel of the armed forces: officers and men.
- noun: A male representative, as of a country or company: our man in Tokyo.
- noun: A male servant or subordinate.
- noun: Informal Used as a familiar form of address for a man: See here, my good man!
- noun: One who swore allegiance to a lord in the Middle Ages; a vassal.
- noun: Games Any of the pieces used in a board game, such as chess or checkers.
- noun: Nautical A ship. Often used in combination: a merchantman; a man-of-war.
- noun: Slang A person or group felt to be in a position of power or authority. Used with the: "Their writing mainly concerns the street life—the pimp, the junky, the forces of drug addiction, exploitation at the hands of 'the man'” ( Black World).
- verb-transitive: To supply with men, as for defense or service: man a ship.
- verb-transitive: To take stations at, as to defend or operate: manned the guns.
- verb-transitive: To fortify or brace: manned himself for the battle ahead.
- interjection: Used as an expletive to indicate intense feeling: Man! That was close.
- idiom: as one man In complete agreement; unanimously.
- idiom: as one man With no exception: They objected as one man.
- idiom: one's own man Independent in judgment and action.
- idiom: to a man Without exception: All were lost, to a man.
- public manvisuomenės veikėjas
- man of lettersrašytojas
- man of science mokslininkas
- man of business komersantas
- man of God dvasininkas
- medical man gydytojas
- man of genius genialus žmogus
- man of distinction įžymus žmogus
- (pl men)