Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A building equipped with machinery for grinding grain into flour or meal.
- noun: A device or mechanism that grinds grain.
- noun: A machine or device that reduces a solid or coarse substance into pulp or minute grains by crushing, grinding, or pressing: a pepper mill.
- noun: A machine that releases the juice of fruits and vegetables by pressing or grinding: a cider mill.
- noun: A machine, such as one for stamping coins, that produces something by the repetition of a simple process.
- noun: A steel roller bearing a raised design, used for making a die or a printing plate by pressure.
- noun: Any of various machines for shaping, cutting, polishing, or dressing metal surfaces.
- noun: A building or group of buildings equipped with machinery for processing raw materials into finished or industrial products: a textile mill; a steel mill.
- noun: A building or collection of buildings that has machinery for manufacture; a factory.
- noun: A process, agency, or institution that operates in a routine way or turns out products in the manner of a factory: The college was nothing more than a diploma mill.
- noun: A slow or laborious process: It took three years to get the bill through the legislative mill.
- verb-transitive: To grind, pulverize, or break down into smaller particles in a mill.
- verb-transitive: To transform or process mechanically in a mill.
- verb-transitive: To shape, polish, dress, or finish in a mill or with a milling tool.
- verb-transitive: To produce a ridge around the edge of (a coin).
- verb-transitive: To groove or flute the rim of (a coin or other metal object).
- verb-transitive: To agitate or stir until foamy.
- verb-transitive: Western U.S. To cause (cattle) to move in a circle or tightening spiral in order to stop a stampede.
- verb-intransitive: To move around in churning confusion: "A crowd of school children milled about on the curb looking scared” ( Anne Tyler).
- verb-intransitive: Slang To fight with the fists; box.
- verb-intransitive: To undergo milling.
- noun: A monetary unit equal to 1/1000 of a U.S. dollar or 1/10 of a cent.
- to go through the millbūti vėtytam ir mėtytam
- išeiti gerą gyvenimo mokyklą