Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: In New England transcendentalism, a spiritual essence or vital force in the universe in which all souls participate and that therefore transcends individual consciousness.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- On Harmony a computer "oversoul" was left orbiting the planet, keeping the people from destroying themselves on a massive scale.
- The oversoul is a guiding presence within each individual of a species, yet it’s greater than the individuals as separate entities.
- Thus, the "newness of life", of which St. Paul speaks, was conceived by some as a superadded entity, a kind of oversoul sublimating the "natural man" into a higher species.
- Athenian ideal inspired the citizens so that they gave their bodies for the commonwealth, it seems to have been conceived of as a kind of oversoul, a being made up of immortal deeds and heroic spirits, influencing the living, a life within their life, molding their spirits to its likeness.
- The true self is a principle in you superior to both these natural characters, a kind of oversoul, as Emerson puts it.