Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An institution for the instruction of children or people under college age.
- noun: An institution for instruction in a skill or business: a secretarial school; a karate school.
- noun: A college or university.
- noun: An institution within or associated with a college or university that gives instruction in a specialized field and recommends candidates for degrees.
- noun: A division of an educational institution constituting several grades or classes: advanced to the upper school.
- noun: The student body of an educational institution.
- noun: The building or group of buildings housing an educational institution.
- noun: The process of being educated formally, especially education constituting a planned series of courses over a number of years: The children were put to school at home. What do you plan to do when you finish school?
- noun: A session of instruction: School will start in three weeks. He had to stay after school today.
- noun: A group of people, especially philosophers, artists, or writers, whose thought, work, or style demonstrates a common origin or influence or unifying belief: the school of Aristotle; the Venetian school of painters.
- noun: A group of people distinguished by similar manners, customs, or opinions: aristocrats of the old school.
- noun: Close-order drill instructions or exercises for military units or personnel.
- noun: Australian A group of people gathered together for gambling.
- verb-transitive: To educate in or as if in a school.
- verb-transitive: To train or discipline: She is well schooled in literature. See Synonyms at
- adjective: Of or relating to school or education in schools: school supplies; a school dictionary.
- noun: A large group of aquatic animals, especially fish, swimming together; a shoal. See Synonyms at
- verb-intransitive: To swim in or form into a school.
- continuation school papildoma mokykla (baigus pradinę mokyklą)
- elementary/ primary school pradinė mokykla
- higher school aukštoji mokykla
- higher grade school pilnoji vidurinė mokyk
- secondary school
- high school vidurinė mokykla