Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli. During sleep the brain in humans and other mammals undergoes a characteristic cycle of brain-wave activity that includes intervals of dreaming.
- noun: A period of this form of rest.
- noun: A state of inactivity resembling or suggesting sleep; unconsciousness, dormancy, hibernation, or death.
- noun: Botany The folding together of leaflets or petals at night or in the absence of light.
- noun: A crust of dried tears or mucus normally forming around the inner rim of the eye during sleep.
- verb-intransitive: To be in the state of sleep or to fall asleep.
- verb-intransitive: To be in a condition resembling sleep.
- verb-transitive: To pass or get rid of by sleeping: slept away the day; went home to sleep off the headache.
- verb-transitive: To provide sleeping accommodations for: This tent sleeps three comfortably.
- phrasal-verb: sleep around Informal To be sexually active with more than one partner.
- phrasal-verb: sleep in To sleep at one's place of employment: a butler and a chauffeur who sleep in.
- phrasal-verb: sleep in To oversleep: I missed the morning train because I slept in.
- phrasal-verb: sleep in To sleep late on purpose: After this week's work, I will sleep in on Saturday.
- phrasal-verb: sleep on To think about (something) overnight before deciding.
- phrasal-verb: sleep out To sleep at one's own home, not at one's place of employment.
- phrasal-verb: sleep out To sleep away from one's home.
- phrasal-verb: sleep over To spend the night as a guest in another's home.
- phrasal-verb: sleep together To have sexual relations.
- phrasal-verb: sleep with To have sexual relations with.
- idiom: log To sleep very deeply.
- deep/ profound sleep gilus miegas
- sound sleep kietas miegas
- to go to sleep užmigti
- to sleep away pramiegoti
- to sleep off išsimiegoti
- to sleep on/over/upon atidėti iki rytojaus
- to sleep the clock round išmi
- (slept) miegoti