Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Occurring, growing, or living in a natural state; not domesticated, cultivated, or tamed: wild geese; edible wild plants.
- adjective: Not inhabited or farmed: remote, wild country.
- adjective: Uncivilized or barbarous; savage.
- adjective: Lacking supervision or restraint: wild children living in the street.
- adjective: Disorderly; unruly: a wild scene in the school cafeteria.
- adjective: Characterized by a lack of moral restraint; dissolute or licentious: recalled his wild youth with remorse.
- adjective: Lacking regular order or arrangment; disarranged: wild locks of long hair.
- adjective: Full of, marked by, or suggestive of strong, uncontrolled emotion: wild with jealousy; a wild look in his eye; a wild rage.
- adjective: Extravagant; fantastic: a wild idea.
- adjective: Furiously disturbed or turbulent; stormy: wild weather.
- adjective: Risky; imprudent: wild financial schemes.
- adjective: Impatiently eager: wild to get away for the weekend.
- adjective: Informal Highly enthusiastic: just wild about the new music.
- adjective: Based on little or no evidence or probability; unfounded: wild accusations; a wild guess.
- adjective: Deviating greatly from an intended course; erratic: a wild bullet.
- adjective: Games Having an equivalence or value determined by the cardholder's choice: playing poker with deuces wild.
- adverb: In a wild manner: growing wild; roaming wild.
- noun: A natural or undomesticated state: returned the zoo animals to the wild; plants that grow abundantly in the wild.
- noun: An uninhabited or uncultivated region. Often used in the plural: the wilds of the northern steppes.
- verb-intransitive: Slang To go about in a group threatening, robbing, or attacking others: "Police said that the youngsters ... were part of a larger group of teenagers who were 'wilding,'—their slang for terrorizing and bullying” ( Maclean's).
- a laukinis
- wild animals laukiniai gyvūnai
- wild flowers laukinės gėlės
- wild man a) laukinis (žmogus)
- wild cry laukinis riksmas 3 audringas
- smarkus (apie audrą ir pan.)
- it was a wild night buvo audrota/audri